Tips by Smog Test Only Experts
Six tips to consider before taking your next California Smog Check:
- If your car is not in a good condition, (ie. blowing out black smoke, leaking oil or coolant profusely) do not get a smog check. It may fail the test and your money will be put to waste. Take it to your local mechanic instead and have it inspected for any problems. You will save yourself some time and money.
- Take your car for a 15-20 minute drive to warm up your car. Warming up your car at the optimum level will ensure that your car run at its best condition. Every engine needs at least 10-15 miles worth of driving to ensure proper combustion.
- To lower your emission levels, you can use Blue Sky 3 in 1 Fuel Conditioner, a fuel additive that helps solve vehicle emission problems. The fuel additive is combined with the ordinary fuel during your normal fill up. The additive acts as a cleaner, removing the carbon deposits in the engine and exhaust systems. This helps ensure a free flow of fuel and air. As the emission levels are reduced, this increases the overall engine performance. Make sure you you have supervision from a licensed Auto Repair San Francisco Shop.
- Tire pressure is pretty critical while running a smog test. If your tires are below specs, it may be harder to stabilize your vehicle while on the dynamometer, which can alter the accuracy of your readings. To maintain a reliable overall emission output, check your tires for their proper pressure.
- If you haven’t had an oil change in a really long time, now’s the time to do it. Through wear and tear, the oil in your car’s engine car can get contaminated from dirt, component shavings and burnt particles. The more contaminated your oil gets, the more rich your oil mixture will be, which will cause an increase in one of the main gasses being tested, HC (hydrocarbons). It has been proven to be effective, get your oil change before your next smog test.
- Having your check engine light on is an automatic failure. Whether it’s a glitch in your cars computer, or your mechanic says its okay, by law you will still fail your smog check. To find out the main cause of the problem, you will need to bring your car to a certified smog test and repair shop that has the proper tools to scan your cars system. There are also after market products on the market that you can buy that will help give you this information as well.
- Go to Smog Check Coupons for additional discounts and Smog Check Coupons in your area.
Clean Air Smog & Test Only Center
368 11th Street
San Francisco, CA. 94103
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm